305 N. MCKINNEY, SWEENY, TX 77480 | 979-548-1500 | COPYRIGHT © SWEENY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
DESIGNED BY BAYSTAR PRINTING | BAYSTARGROUP.NET
305 N. McKinney St., Sweeny
The Sweeny Community Hospital Auxiliary (the Pink Ladies), organized in 1964 – a year before the hospital officially opened. Some of the original members still volunteer their time to raise money to meet the hospital’s needs.
Auxiliary members staff the hospital’s gift shop, distribute flowers and mail to patients, and assist the hospital staff with errands and special requests.
Over the years, the Pink Ladies have raised nearly a million dollars for hospital equipment ranging from the needs of the Dietary Department to Surgery to the Wellness Center. Through raffles and the annual Fashion Style Show and Salad Luncheon, the Pink Ladies increase community awareness of the hospital to the public. Several times a year, the auxiliary sponsors a blood drive at The Wellness Center.